Update Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Some time ago, Samsung has officially released the Android OS 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) for the European version of the Samsung GALAXY Note in particular Germany. ICS is not known why the release was not carried out simultaneously throughout the world. For those who live in Indonesia G’Noters official notification will not get the latest updates via software update ICS is available in the Settings menu. But no need to grieve. If you can not wait to taste the ICS in the GALAXY Note, you can update your own by following these steps. Update Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Note: These tips have been successfully tested on Samsung Galaxy Note that before using the original stock ROM Samsung Galaxy Note, Android Gingerbread version 2.3.6 is not in the Root.
What you need:
1. Samsung USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note. If you do not have, you can download here
2. Android OS ICS N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_DBT.zip of 638.2 MB which can be downloaded here
3. Odin 1.85 can be downloaded here
4. Samsung Kies Andah can download here
5. Note Galaxy with a full battery.
6. Original Samsung USB cable Note Galaxy
To simplify the upgrade process, should the necessary files in one folder used above.
Step 1: Make sure your Computer Backup and mesh perfectly with the Galaxy Note
1. Install Samsung Kies on Your Computer
2. Install Samsung USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note (Optional) -> usually by installing Samsung Kies, automatically usb driver Samsung Galaxy Note will also be installed. Just in case if after install Samsung Kies has been completed and the computer does not recognize Samsung Galaxy Note, you can install the USB drivers manually.
3. After Samsung Galaxy Note has been completely connected to the PC, open the Samsung Kies and make backups of important data such as contacts, sms etc..
4. Once the backup process is complete, you can close the application and turn off Samsung Samsung Kies Note Galaxy. Wait until no vibration at all to really make sure his condition is really off.
Step 2: Update
1. Do extract the files from the Android OS N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_DBT.zip ICS. In it, you’ll find two files namely N7000XXLPY_N7000XALPY_N7000XXLPT_HOME.tar.md5 and SS_DL.dll
2. Odin did extract 1.85.
3. In the off position Note Galaxy, simultaneously press the Volume down button + Home button and power button. Now you will find this display:
Click the volume button above to proceed to the next process. Update Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
4. Then you will be greeted by the following screen:
5. Note Galaxy connect to PC, then run the application on your PC Odin3 V1.85.exe. If it has been recognized by Odin, then you will find a description of the “Added” in the message box at the bottom left corner of Odin.
6. Make sure the checkbox Auto reboot & F. Reset the time on the Option
8. Click Start, and the update process will run. Wait until the process is complete and the Samsung Galaxy Note will restart automatically.
9. After the restart is complete, you can go to the menu Settings => About this phone to check if the OS has been successfully up to version 4.0 Easy right?
ICS update process via PC Odin is a safe way for GALAXY Note that still use the stock ROM Gingerbread factory default and are not root. The upgrade process is relatively easy things you can do this within 5 to 10 minutes. Given the many things that can happen during the OS update, we are not responsible if things happen that are not desirable in your Note Galaxy. Update Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich