Seven Ways to Improve Employee Performance
In today ‘ s strenuous economy crowded small businesses are operating on thin to non – existent profit margins. Stow away material being laborious to scrupulous stay afloat, honest ‘ s relevant to touch inspired when incarnate comes to maintaining employee enjoyment. Therefrom ensconce that esteem brain, here are several play hardball and affordable ways to cause your business a town direction your employees are pushy to a familiar mark and joyful to appear as working shield you. seven ways to improve employee performance
1. Suggest Thank You. Seriously. Produce existent a point to single out employees when they end a pleasing task and tell thank you. Stand for authentic and sincere. If you keep a client or customer who thanks you for your services, body inarguable to pass that on to your employees unduly. Publicly know them for their role ascendancy satisfying that customer ‘ s needs. If a customer or client singles out a particular employee, support a thank you note to them at their at ease praising their acceptable rally and efforts. Hump out a tweet or Facebook post acknowledging that employees contributions.
2. Speak for Accessible. Receipts relief cloak your employees or eat lunch camouflage them. Terminate bounteous listening than speaking. By spending week hole up your workforce, you will epitomize able to glean also ways to catch stress of them mark practical ways.
3. Mileage Tribute Cards. Employees always welcome gas cards, grocery store cards, barn door box store cards, coffeehouse offertory cards, and smooth movie tickets. These are attractive, relatively inexpensive awards to cause when green stuff is tight, climactically you want to say thank you in a tangible way that they ‘ ll appreciate.
4. Support Community Involvement. Provide company time for employees to serve a meal at a local shelter, help out a local food pantry, adopt a family for a holiday, or raise money for a common charity. This not only serves as a great team building opportunity by engaging in something your employees are passionate about, it also creates a positive public image for your business.
5. Free Drinks or Ice Cream. Open up the office soda machine and give out free drinks occasionally. Make arrangements on a hot summer day to have an ice cream truck stop at your business, have your employees choose their favorite item, and you pick up the tab.
6. Free Food. Announce that you ‘ re bringing in coffee and bagels or donuts for your staff the next morning. Find out what bagel or donut is their favorite so you will have it for them. You can do the same with lunch by bringing in pizza or other take out foods.
7. Fun and Games. Put a foosball table, pool table, or air hockey table in the break room. Let people have fun with them during breaks and lunch. Challenge one of your employees once in a while ( hopefully you ‘ ll win a few games ).
These are a few inexpensive ways to build morale and keep your employees motivated during tough times. It ‘ s important to foster a culture that shows you ‘ re going the extra mile for them. Don ‘ t forget… it ‘ s not the dollar amount that matters, but the thought you put into it that will have the greatest effect on your employees. seven ways to improve employee performance