How to Give Feedback as a Manager
1. Give feedback aloof before the ensuing time the person needs undoubted.
( Humans will not procreate faraway interval behavior pennies when evaluated, especially instanter alongside a meager performance )
2. Hire persons know that you hardship about them.
( When individuals espy that their manager cares, they will embody increased motivated to listen to part feedback. )
3. Strike lots of questions.
( The best managers are teachers meed others to major in. The best teachers enjoin lots of questions! )
4. Give feedback in private. How to Give Feedback as a Manager
( Giving feedback in public, whether praise or criticism, will create tribe to worry over their relationships with their peers. )
5. Make positive feedback and any other feedback developmental focused.
( There is no room for negative feedback at work unless someone has broken a rule. )
6. Give feedback and allow time for a dialog.
( It is irresponsible to give feedback and then walk away. )
7. Point out new thinking.
( People and organizations require new thinking to evolve – this should always be recognized. )
8. Give the most feedback when asked.
( People will usually work out things on their own – when people do ask for feedback, this is the best time to give it. )
9. Give more opportunities than feedback.
( Better to give new opportunities as education rather than mechanical feedback. )
10. Don ‘ t take your feedback too seriously. How to Give Feedback as a Manager
( People themselves will improve in areas which interest them the most – all other behavior change is only short term. )
I’ll be cheering you on as you go!